For about a decade, On1’s photo editing tools have been marketed and used primarily as plug-ins for Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, or Adobe Photoshop. Each tool was an independent, one trick pony and appropriately named: Perfect Black and White, for example, or Perfect Portrait. A couple of versions back, On1 began rolling these mini-apps into a Perfect Photo Suite that allowed users to access all the tools from a central dashboard independent of Lightroom or Aperture. The latest version renamed On1 Photo 10 takes this plan to the next level. Photo 10 is no longer a suite in name or design: It’s now a pretty well integrated app.
- Side by Side Preview
- Clipping View
- Pixel color Readout
- Mask Previews
- Retina Display Support
- Modern User Interface
- Fully Color Managed
- Optimized for high performance video cards using OpenGL and OpenCL
- Re-Editable Smart Photos, Layered PSD and PSB files including layer masks, TIFF, JPG, PNG, Raw from over 250 cameras, All in 8 and 16-bit RGB
Plug-ins & Integration
- Use as a plug-in to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture
- Send your photos from Browse to external editors for round-trip editing
- Works as a Smart Filter in Adobe Photoshop
- Create layered PSD and PSB files, including layer masks, that are compatible with Photoshop
- Open multiple photos at once as a layered stack
- Batch process multiple files from Lightroom or Aperture with Export
- Crop, Trim, Transform, Perfect Eraser, Retouch Brush, Clone Stamp, Red-eye Brush
- Blend layers or filters using the familiar black and white mask concept, paint with black to hide and white to reveal.
- Edge-detecting Perfect Brush
- Remove simple background in a single click with the Quick Mask Tool
- Refine difficult edges like hair, smoke and fog with the Refine Brush
- Straight-edged Line Mask tool is perfect for masking geometric shapes like buildings and windows
- Masking Bug creates flexible, editable gradient masks in either round or rectangle shapes
- Unique mask clean up tools like the Mask Blur and s Mask Chisel make edge blending realistic
- Create luminosity masks based on the image to automatically protect the highlights or shadows.
- Export single photos, multiple photos, even whole folders
- Adjust crop, size and resolution
- Resize your photos with patented Genuine Fractals algorithm
- Export to TIF, JPG, PNG or PSD formats
- Convert to different color spaces
- Batch rename exported files
- Add gallery wrap wings for printing on canvas
- Divide an image into tiles for printing mosaics or murals
- Add a watermark like a logo
- Apply a preset from Enhance or Effects on the fly
- Sharpen photos for print or screen use
- Save presets for common workflows
Photo editing made simple
A full-featured photo editor that works as a plug-in to Adobe® Photoshop® and Lightroom, or as a standalone application. Browse and manage your photos where they are stored; local, external, and network drives or cloud service. Version 10 includes the necessary tools to manage and edit your photos with non-destructive Smart Photo technology. Improve portraits, add effects, enlarge for large-format printing, share, and make complex selections or masks with minimal effort.
Everything you need to add any effect to your photos. ON1 Effects includes filters, presets, borders, and textures. With live adjustments, stack effects to create your own look, and save your own custom presets. Hundreds of presets and 23 stackable filters.
Don't wait on a slow catalog or import process. This is a lightning fast photo browser. Quickly sort, cull and edit photos from a shoot. Quickly ditch the bad ones, rate the good ones, add keywords, and much more.
Quickly and easily adjust exposure, contrast, white balance, vibrance, detail, or add vignettes. Store all of your settings and adjustments of the enhancements for future use.
Portrait retouching is faster, better, and easier than ever. Our new way of working with facial features makes it easier to retouch the areas you care about.
Create composites by stacking photos or combine and blend photos without having to use Adobe Photoshop