It's never been easier for Windows users to make their own
custom fonts. Scanahand creates fonts that you can
use in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notepad, and any Windows
application. You can even load your fonts on Macintosh computers.
As more web browsers support webfonts, you can also use your fonts
How does it work? Simply print a template, draw all of the characters using a black marker or felt-tip pen, and scan your drawing. Scanahand will build your font, and install it on Windows, ready for you to use. You don't need to use additional graphics software, but Power Users and Hobbyists alike can use Scanahand along with their favorite graphic drawing software to create or modify each character of their font. So even without a printer and scanner you'll be able to create custom fonts.
The Standard Edition allows you to create fonts that support English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Portuguese, Basque, Estonian, Faeroese, Frisian, Irish, Galician, Hungarian, Icelandic, Albanian, and Esperanto.
The Premium Edition incorporates all features available in the Standard Edition and also allows you to generate fonts based on custom templates as well as the available signature and symbol templates. It also allows you to set the font style by going bold or italic.
Here are some key features of "Scanahand":
- Personalize your correspondence by creating a font in your actual handwriting
- Add your signature to a font for quick insertion using any Windows program
- Develop a distinctive look for your home and business communications
- Use your own handwriting on letters, greeting cards, and scrapbook projects
- Make a suite of fonts so you'll always put the right face on your correspondence
- Share your fonts with friends and family, on their Windows or Mac OS X computers
- Capture your child's handwriting as it improves over the years
- Save time writing holiday cards, while adding a personal touch
- Design fonts that let your personality shine through
- Turn icons, company logos, or any line art into font characters
- Decide what characters to include in your fonts, with the built in template editor
- Have fun, while exercising your creativity