WordPress in one of the most popular technologies in the web
development World, but a lot of people are not using it to its full
There are lots of pre built themes available on the market, but often you need a truly custom experience.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to build a fully custom responsive WordPress theme, completely from scratch!
No more searching for other themes and trying to bend them to suit your project, this course will give you the skills to build almost any type of WordPress website.
We begin by first building a static version of our "Tranquil Spa" project, using the popular Bootstrap 4 framework. Learning Bootstrap is a valuable skill by itself too, you will learn responsive design, layout and the grid system, classes and utilities, creating forms, navbars, adding icons using Fontawesome 5 and so much more!
Once we have the project looking exactly how we want it, we them move onto converting this to WordPress.
We wont just be doing a basic theme conversion either, we also cover some of the more challenging concepts and try to make our theme fully customisable by the end user too.
- Welcome and let's get started!
- Creating our Bootstrap 4 template- Home page
- Creating our Bootstrap 4 template- Additional pages
- Setting up WordPress
- WordPress theme conversion- first steps
- WordPress blog section and the loop
- Conditional rendering & the single page template
- Working with blog comments
- Additional pages, widgets and custom search forms
- Finishing touches & user customisation
- Translating our themes language
- Thank You