Autodesk CFD computational fluid dynamics
software provides flexible fluid flow and thermal simulation tools
to help you make decisions earlier in the product development
process. Easily explore and compare design alternatives and better
understand the implications of design choices before
Use the power of computational fluid dynamics to analyze internal and external fluid flow and thermal performance.
Autodesk CFD features:
Solve for all modes of heat transfer from solid to solid or solid to fluid.
Architectural and MEP tools
Use CFD and thermal modeling tools for architectural and MEP applications.
Industrial flow control
Optimize designs when you need to improve pressure drop or flow distribution.
Flexible cloud solving options
Solve locally or continue working while you solve in the cloud.
Geometry preparation with SimStudio Tools
Quickly modify, simplify, repair and idealize your geometry for higher quality simulation models. SimStudio Tools reads in multiple CAD file formats and allows you to quickly simplify assemblies, eliminate unnecessary detail, perform basic repair, or easily make design changes so you can explore various design ideas faster.
SimStudio Tools is a direct modeler that allows you to freely work on geometry with simple defeaturing, move, combine, edit, push, and pull commands. It acts as a companion to Autodesk CFD and your CAD system, helping you take an existing model and get it ready for simulation. Create solid and surface bodies, quickly simplify or remove small parts, create custom fluid volumes, detect and eliminate interferences and more without affecting your original CAD model. Once your model is ready you can either push it straight into Autodesk CFD or save out a neutral file for any other work you may want to do with it.
Simplified heat sinks
Use heat sink materials to simulate the performance of your heat sink components with geometrically simple models. In models containing heat sinks with large aspect ratios (the ratio of fin height to fin spacing), meshing components requires many elements, and a full system analysis can be expensive and time-consuming. The heat sink material significantly reduces mesh counts and improves run times.
Dynamically simulate the interface between liquids and gases with free surface modeling capability. Model flow phenomena—such as waves, sloshing, and spilling—that occur in nature as well as in a wide range of engineering applications.
- Navigate large models more easily with an all-new graphics engine (speed increased up to 20x frame rate over previous release)
- Gain an approximately 80% scaling ratio on standard, ad-hoc networks with the new scalable solver
- Quickly find model issues to generate successful, efficient CFD meshes with the model assessment toolkit
- Use SimStudio Tools 2016 CAD tools built for simulation
- Mesh virtually any solid or surface geometry with the automated surface wrapper
- Use the new window and wall material model to direct solar transmission, thickness independent u-factor, and simple ambient setup
- Gain 2 new turbulence models, such as cyclone separators, for increased accuracy in high curvature flows