LEGO Education has presented LEGO MINDSTORMS Education NXT
Software V.2.1, is a very powerful and easy to use tool dedicated
to programming and adapted to data management of your Lego
Mindstorms NXT robot.
This powerful, easy-to-use software for programming and data logging is icon based. It incorporates a Robot Educator step-by-step guide with 46 tutorials, from beginner to advanced levels. Data logging functionalities, including graph viewer, make it easy to collect and analyse data from sensors. The software incorporates a comprehensive digital user manual and is based on LabVIEW.
- Using input and output devices and producing a simple set of sequential instructions linking cause and effect
- Developing and testing a system to monitor and control events
- Using intuitive prediction tools to get first hand experience with making hypothesis
- Using the scientific inquiry process when gathering and analysing data sets
- Integrating Maths and Science using physical constants, units of measurement, coordinate systems, min, max, mean and linear formulas
The last time the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT software was updated was in 2013 when we launched its successor, the EV3. Since then, we haven’t officially supported the NXT software and can’t guarantee it’ll work on newer systems.
Thankfully, the EV3 software is compatible with the NXT Intelligent Brick and components, although Bluetooth isn’t supported, and the NXT firmware can’t be updated or reset.