SeismoSignal constitutes a simple, yet
efficient, package for the processing of strong-motion data.
Amongst other things, it allows for the derivation of elastic and
constant ductility inelastic response spectra, computation of
Fourier amplitude spectra, filtering of high and low frequency
record content and estimation of other important seismological
parameters, such as the Arias Intensity and the significant and
SeismoSignal also enables the filtering of unwanted frequency content of the given signal. Three different digital filter types are available, all of which capable of carrying out highpass, lowpass, bandpass and bandstop filtering.
The program is able to read accelerograms defined in both single- and multiple-values per line formats (the two most popular formats used by strong-motion databases), and can apply baseline correction and filtering prior to time-integration of the signal (to obtain velocity and displacement time-histories).
- Elastic and constant-ductility inelastic response spectra
- Fourier and Power spectra
- Arias (Ia) and characteristic (Ic) intensities
- Cumulative Absolute Velocity (CAV) and Specific Energy Density (SED)
- Root-mean-square (RMS) of acceleration, velocity and displacement
- Sustained maximum acceleration (SMA) and velocity (SMV)
- Effective design acceleration (EDA) Acceleration (ASI) and velocity (VSI) spectrum intensity
- Predominant (Tp) and mean (Tm) periods
- Husid and energy flux plots
- Bracketed, uniform, significant and effective durations