Active Password Changer is a DOS-based solution
created for resetting local administrator and user passwords on
Windows XP / 2003 / 2000 / NT systems in case an Administrators
password is forgotten or lost. You do not need to re-install and
Forgotten password recovery software has a simple FDISK-like user interface, supports multiple hard disk drives, is able to detect several SAM databases (in case multiple OS were installed on one volume) and pick the right one before starting the password recovery process.
A list of local users is displayed, you just need to choose the one to reset the password for. It also resets User is Disabled flag (if any) and sets Password never expires to avoid possible user blocking after password has been reset.
With Active Password Changer you can log in as a particular user with a blank password.
Here are some key features of "Active Password
- Can be placed to and run from bootable floppy or CD
- Has simple FDISK-like user interface
- Supports FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 file systems
- Supports large hard disk drives (more than 200GB)
- Supports IDE ATA SATA & SCSI hard disk drives
- Recovers passwords on multiple partitions and hard disk drives
- Detects and displays all Microsoft Security Databases (SAM)
- Displays list of all local users
- Displays full account information for any local user
- Resets administrator's password
- Resets user's password
- Resets "User is Disabled" flag
- Sets "Password Never Expires" flag for user account