The main aim of the program is detailing and texturing the
object already shaped in other 3D-packet. You work on detailing
level equal to 3 to 5 millions of polygons. Operating speed of
editing and viewing objects has grown bigger because of using a map
of normals instead of geometrical splitting.
It is well-known that it is easy to shape the object...it takes several hours. But detailing and texturing is long process taking 3 to 10 times more time then modeling a draft itself. 3D-Coat is made to make this part of technological process faster.
3D-Coat includes features for sculptural modeling making the change of shape possible.
Here are some key features of "3D-Coat (formerly
- Voxel sculpting allows you sculpt without any topological constraints and make complex details from nothing!
- 3D-Coat offers wide set of retopology tools. It combines many approaches of retopologisation to make it quick and effective.
Layers contain depth, color and specular:
- Layers contain depth, color and specular. You can disable or enable any of these channels, put effects on them - extrusion, transparency, contrast, multiplication of depth, additional specular.
2D and 3D painting:
- Paint over UV as easy as paint over 3D-modes. Almost all tools work in uv-plane and in 3D.
- Paint seamlessly over uv-plane. It is easy to use 3D-Coat to create seampless textures and paint bump. Just go to File->Import image plane
- Every pen has many channels - color/depth/specular and eraser.
Fill with gradient:
- Fill areas with gradient fading
- Fill areas with spherical gradient
- Image correction filters with realtime preview in 3D
- Mask one layer with other one
- Painting patters, putting images along splines
- You can define hotkey for any action in easy way
- Possibility to draw closed curves and curves with sharp edge-points
- Possibility to draw a huge variety of arrows
- Paint on cavity, use many different conditions for painting
- Realtime preview of complex materials
- Possibility to export separate layers as morphs
- You can sculpt from sphere as it is shown here.
- You can fix several points on the surface and drag another point like you can see it in the video.
Change of proportions:
- With gradient allocation is easy to change proportions of parts of a body, in this case you see change of the size of a head.
Filling of areas with fractals and materials:
It is possible to fill areas with fractals or with the use of material, consisting of layers of depth, color and specular. An area can be chosen in several ways:
- the closed area of the set color
- the closed area inside "frozen" contour
- a rectangular
- an ellipse
- a line from one point to another
- on a spline connecting of some points
Filling with fractals and volumetric textures:
- There are many types of fractals which as a matter of fact are volumetric textures. Filling with fractals well for giving the initial form and color of a surface before manual processing.
Drawing of the text on the image:
- You can put the text on a surface of an object. The text is put along a spline, you can even write the text around of all object
Drawing with a contour:
- You can draw not only with a pen, but also with a contour, a rectangular or an ellipse. It is possible to apply set of effects on a pen - fractals or materials. It is possible to draw through all object, and on a visible part only.
Filling of color with a gradient:
- It is possible to fill the closed areas with imposing a gradient of colors.
Stacking of longitudinal forms:
- It is possible to put the certain longitudinal form at drawing with a pen or at imposing a spline. In figure you see a chain which has been imposed by two strokes of a pen. Longitudinal forms and pens can be created both from pictures, and from 3D-objects.
Transformation of a parts of surface:
- You can allocate any part of a surface and transform it free, like in the Photoshop by pressing CTRL+T. The part can be not only rectangular, but also round or complex form. Thus it is possible to set width of border of allocation - soft transformation. On figure transformation of a part of the text allocated with lasso is shown.
Cloning of the image in 3D:
- Parts of a surface can be cloned like in the Photoshop but in 3D.
- It is possible to clone sites not only parallel transformation, but also with mirror symmetry.
- It is possible to clone with inversion relative to a point. Also it is possible to clone with turn. For example, having drawn a detail on a round board , it is possible to multiply it on all board.
- If you have textured only one side of model, you can simply transfer details from one side of models to another, drawing with pen (symmetric cloning).
Use of multilayered pens:
- Each pen contains color, a transparency, depth, specular, and a mask of deleting. The mask of deleting allows to erase before drawing of color contents of a layer in that place where we draw a pen. The pen can be edited in the external editor, which can edit PSD - files. In figure you see editing a pen from 3D-brush in Adobe Photoshop.
Editing of a projection with layers:
- You can edit a current projection in the external editor in view of layers. If the layer will be added in the editor it will automatically be transferred in 3D-Brush. In figure you see editing of projection in Adobe Photoshop.
Editing of a texture with layers:
- It is possible to edit a texture of your model in the external editor in view of layers. In the external editor it is possible to create new layers which will automatically be transferred in 3D-Brush.
Creation of pens from 3D - objects:
- It is possible to create pens not only from pictures, but also from 3D objects.
Texture mapping of object:
- You can use a texture or a photo to impose it on object. Thus it is possible to impose not only color, but also a relief and specular, having chosen for them additional textures.
Calculating of global illumination:
- Global illumination (occlusion) can be calculated and baked to texture.