Camnetics Inc.,a provider tools to engineers and designers for
creating solid models of drive components, has released new version
Camnetics Suite, its a add-on for SolidWorks,
Solid Edge and AutoDesk Inventor, provides advanced tools and
advanced features for designers.
Camnetics, Inc. offers two products that run with Solid Edge. GearTrax creates solid models of gears inside of Solid Edge. Gear types include spur, helical, bevel, internal and external involute splines, chain sprockets and time belt pulleys.
GearTrax has a predetermined number of
components. For example, the spur tab always has 2 gears, a pinion
and a gear. For bevel gears this is important because bevels are
normally defined as a set. The number of teeth in both gears
defines such properties as the pitch angles. When GearTrax creates
in CAD, the user can select between creating only the individual
models or the models and the assembly. GearTrax is programmed in
the USA using 100% renewable energy.
A GearTeq component can be a CAD part by itself. The component can be part of a set of components that make up a single CAD part. For example, a spur gear is a single component but this spur gear may have an internal spline as a child mate that is defined as a bore. When created in CAD, the spur gear will be created and the internal spine will be added features of the spur gear. This is also true for mating parts that are defined as joined.
A CamTrax64 base component is either a cylinder or a cube. A cylinder can have paths inserted on both ends and/or the cylindrical surface. A cube can have paths inserted on the upper or lower surface. Each path has a single cam follower. This follower can be translating or oscillating. A path may also be a dual follower (two cam followers of the same diameter) so a ridge is created along the centerline of the path. A path may also be conjugate to another path (master). The conjugate path may have a follower of a different diameter than the master path
Here are some key features of "Camnetics Suite":
- Face gears, axis coincident and at 90 degrees
- New worm wheel tooth generation that is more accurate and faster than the previous "advanced method"
- Integration with Solid Edge
- Test radius inspection for spur gears
- XYZ surface text file creation for those using other CAD systems
- Uses assembly positions so components can be used in mulitple locations and assemblies
- Lock components using an integer password to prevent unwanted changes
- Spiral tooth generating diameter can be specified for the Gleason standard
- And much more!