FaxMail for Windows is a lightweight piece of software designed to help you send and receive faxes via modem, email or over the Internet. Incoming fax can be forwarded to a specified email address as TIFF or PDF files. During the installation procedure, it's necessary to configure a wide range of settings, including modem connection properties and owner information. Afterward, the app gets integrated into the Windows autostart sequence, so it gets automatically launched every time you turn on your computer. This can be later disabled from the settings panel. Unfortunately, FaxMail FaxMail for Windows' interface has outdated graphical elements. It definitely needs a redesign in this regard. Other than that, it keeps all options neatly organized in a menu bar.
Here are some key features of "FaxMail for
- Send and receive faxes over the Internet
- You can put together a contacts list, manage entries, look up information rapidly, remove duplicates, export and import entries, customize the font, sort the contacts by various criteria, as well as redefine the header buttons.
- Edit the fax cover page
- Broadcast faxes to a bunch of people
- Use OCR to import faxes
- Minimize the program to the systray
- Show notifications on incoming faxes
- Create session log files
- Change the date and time format