BurnInTest is a software tool that
simultaneously exercises all of the major components of a computer,
to test for endurance and reliability.
The user can select the hardware components to test and individually adjust the load placed on each one via slide bars. Each test reports results to its own window and results are summarised along with any errors detected in the main program window. CPU, hard drives, CD ROM, CD burner, DVD, sound card, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, memory, network connection, serial ports, parallel port, USB 1.x and 2.0 ports, tape drive, video playback and printer can all be tested at the same time.
BurnInTest Professional is a software that tests your system and
Results can be saved to disk, printed or exported as a graphical image. Other features include periodic logging, a temperature monitoring interface, timed test runs, the display of system information such as the CPU serial number, CPU speed and L2 cache size.
BurnInTest is also available with serial, parallel and USB loopback plugs and has comprehensive on line help. There are also the more advanced features of EMC testing to ANSI C63.4-1992, RAM testing to 64GB and cyclic rebooting. Societies reliance on computers means that the cost of hardware failure can be enormous.
BurnInTest thoroughly exercises PC hardware in the shortest period of time so intermittent or hidden problems are found before they turn into a disaster. BurnInTest is suited to computer enthusiasts, hardware manufacturers, systems integrators and 'overclockers' who want to cost effectively evaluate their systems.
Here are some key features of "BurnInTest Professional":
- Online help & PDF manual
- A customer style results certificate
- Support for printing results
- Logging of results to disk in user selectable levels of detail (in ASCII format & HTML formats)
- Timed test runs that will stop automatically at the expiry of the selected time or after a number of test cycles.
· The ability to save your results to disk as log file.
- 'Notes' and 'Machine ID' fields for storing your own audit information along with the saved log file.
- Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word) via a variety of image formats. (BMP, GIF, EMF)
- The ability to select the level of load placed on each component, via the setting of a duty cycle for each test.
- Counters that count the total number of operations performed.
- An easy to use point and click interface
- Can be run from a USB drive or CD (under Windows)
- Summary system information including CPU type, CPU speed & Serial number.
- Temperature monitoring interface (with additional 3rd party Intel Active Monitor, HMonitor, MotherBoardMonitor and SpeedFan software)
- Laptop battery & UPS monitoring interface (with additional BatteryMon software)
- Support for production line automation and detailed logging
- RAM testing beyond the 4GB barrier in Windows 2000, XP and Vista (up to 64GB of RAM)
- Printer testing using raw print files, or standard B&W or color testing
- MP3, Midi and Wave file playback for sound card testing
- Testing of up to 20 hard and floppy disks simultaneously
- Testing of up to 20 CD/DVD drives simultaneously
- CD / DVD testing using specialized test CD/DVDs (or use the complementary CD-Maker software). CD burner testing
- Windows shutdown and cyclic reboot testing (with complementary Rebooter software)
- Scrolling 'H's for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) testing to ANSI standard C63.4-1992
- Video RAM testing
- Testing the playback of Videos
- Support for SMART hard disk parameter checking