WebDrive is a software that helps you transfer files. WebDrive is more than just an FTP Client. By connecting to WebDAV, FTP, or SFTP servers through a virtual drive, files are transferred by simply saving them to a drive letter.
There's no need to run a separate FTP client interface. Unlike typical FTP clients, WebDrive lets you open and edit server-based files without the additional download step.
Here are some key features of "WebDrive":
- SFTP Support - Use WebDrive to connect to your SFTP/SSH server for fast, secure file access. SFTP is supported when running under Windows NT/2K/XP/03. Windows 9x is not supported.
- Microsoft FrontPage Support - Connect to any website running the Microsoft FrontPage extensions.
- Firewall/Proxy server support - Login through a variety of proxy servers and firewalls, including MS Proxy 2.0, SOCKS 4.3 and SOCKS 5, and Raptor (gwpasswd).
- S/KEY Password Encryption - Use MD4 & MD5 password encryption for supported FTP servers.
- Foreign Language Support - Support for Far East languages like Japanese, and Chinese using DBCS.
- File Caching - WebDrive caches both file and directory listings for quick access. You can control the amount of disk space used for the cache, and whether to cache files, directory listings, or both.
- FTP resume interrupted download.
- Support for Unix file attributes through an Explorer shell extension as well as a command line utility.
- Options to transfer files in ASCII/Binary mode based on file extension.