ANSYS nCode DesignLife works with ANSYS Mechanical to reliably evaluate fatigue life. Using the results of finite element analysis (FEA) from ANSYS Mechanical, it calculates stresses and strains, then cumulates damage from repetitive loading to determine a product’s predicted life. You can quickly evaluate the effects of different materials and alternative geometries for new designs, and then optimize them for the product’s expected usage — long before the first prototype is built.
ANSYS nCode DesignLife, the industry-leading tool for durability
analysis, gives you a comprehensive diagnostic fatigue process to
predict your product’s operational lifetime. It is fully integrated
into ANSYS Workbench for ease of use and smooth workflow. You can
create complex loading “duty cycles” based on measurements that
represent real-life forces on products, or use anticipated loading
Once created, the fatigue process can be captured and reused. Engineers without fatigue expertise can evaluate modified product designs to determine the updated product life. Start-to-end automation avoids the majority of errors and ensures consistency, especially in large organizations in which multiple engineers might be analyzing the results.
Here are some key features of "nCode
- Intuitive and easy to use software for performing fatigue analysis from finite element models
- Direct support for leading FEA results data including ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus, RADIOSS, …
- Efficiently analyze large finite element models and complete usage schedules
- Wide range of fatigue analysis capabilities including stress-life, strain-life, multi-axial, weld analysis, virtual shaker table, and more
- Highly configurable for the expert user
- Single environment for both Test and CAE data
- Enables standardization of analysis processes and reporting