Amped Authenticate is a software package for
forensic image authentication and tamper detection on digital
photos. Authenticate provides a suite of different tools to
determine whether an image is an unaltered original, an original
generated by a specific device, or the result of a manipulation
with a photo editing software and thus may not be accepted as
Current products and processes are focused on one or a relative few scientific tools. Authenticate puts the power of multiple tests, procedures, and reporting in one package to improve the user's ability to detect tampered images or determine originality.
Why is Amped Authenticate needed?
Understanding if an image is an original or the result of manipulation is not as easy task. Until now only few world-recognized experts where able to determine if an image used as evidence in court was effectively an original or if someone has tampered with it and thus it was not acceptable as evidence or as alibi. Experts have previously had to do this with self-made tools and very specialized scientific techniques. Today, the number of times that experts are asked to provide some insight on the authenticity of a photo are increasing at a drastic rate. The courts and savvy defense attorneys/prosecutors have begun to understand how easy is to manipulate a digital picture.
- Supported Formats: Support for any standard image format (jpeg, tiff, bmp, png...) and raw format from digital cameras.
- Available filters: More than 20 different analysis filters, with user customizable configuration and optional post processing parameters (levels, scale to enhance the displayed image).
- Image Display: Embedded viewer with multiple image comparison and synchronization.
- Comparison Support: Most of the filters allow comparison of the results between two images.
- Output Image Export Options: Support for any standard image format (jpeg, tiff, bmp, png...).
- Output Data Export Options: Export analysis output as plain text, HTML, or TSV.
- Cached Processing: Filter results are saved in a cache folder for speedy subsequent analysis.
- Batch Processing: Automatically apply all filters to all images in a folder.
- Batch File Format Analysis: Quick automatic analysis of the format of all images in a folder to find suspicious files (triage).
- Batch File Format Comparison: Quick automatic comparison of the format of all files in a folder with the analyzed image.
- Batch JPEG Comparison: Quick automatic comparison of the quantization tables of all files in a folder with the analyzed image.
- Excel Integration: Export of multiple file analysis table directly to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for further processing.
- Google Maps Integration: Display image location in Google Maps.
- Google Images Integration: Search for similar images and images from a certain specific camera on Google Images. Supports advanced image features filtering.
- Flickr Integration: Search for images from a certain camera on Flickr. Supports advanced image features filtering.
- TinEye Integration: Search for similar images on TinEye.
- Extraction Of Embedded JPGs: Extract JPEG images embedded in any file type (PDF, PPT, DOC, disk image...) for questioned document authentication support.
- Extraction Of Embedded Images from PDFs: Extract images (JPEG, JPEG2000, JBIG2, CCITT, PDF-native) embedded in PDF files.
- Samples: A rich collection of samples.
- Supported Platforms: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. 32 bit and 64 bit version in a single installer.
- Licensing Mode: Standalone software. Protected by a USB dongle, doesn't require any online activation.
- INCLUDED FILTERS:
- Visual inspection: Visual analysis of the image and comparison with a reference image.
- File Format: Automatic inspection of most common parameters that could indicate a non originality of the image.
- JPEG Structure: Display and comparison of main JPEG markers.
- Hex Viewer: Integrated hexadecimal viewer with search and comparison capabilities.
- Hex Strings: Extraction of all textual information embedded into an image file.
- EXIF: Display and comparison of EXIF information and other embedded metadata.
- JPEG QT: Display and comparison of JPEG quantization tables and other compression parameters of main image and embedded thumbnail and preview. Internal cameras and software database with thousands of configurations and support for user generate databases.
- JPEG HT: Display and comparison of JPEG Huffman Tables of the main image, embedded thumbnail, and preview.
- Social Media Identification: Signature-based detection of images being downloaded from social media platforms.
- Thumbnail: Display of embedded thumbnail and preview images and their difference with the main image.
- DCT Plot: Analysis and comparison of the histogram of DCT coefficients and its Fourier transform for detecting multiple resaves of the image.
- Correlation Plot: Analysis and comparison of correlation periodicities in the image pixels to analyze the presence and consistency of demosaicing or interpolation effects.
- JPEG Ghosts Plot: Plot of the image with its recompressed version to identify signs of multiple compressions.
- Histogram: Analysis of the histogram of the image that can help to spot excessive intensity adjustment.
- Color Space: Analysis of the color space usage of the image in the HSV and Lab coordinates that can help spot excessive color adjustment.
- Fourier: Analysis of the image in the frequency domain to identity traces of screen recapture.
- PRNU Identification: Creation of a PRNU (sensor noise) reference pattern from a user supplied set of pictures and identification of the device that generated the image by comparison with the reference pattern.
- Color Channels: Analysis of single image channels in different color spaces (RGB, YCbCr, YUV, HSV, HLS, XYZ, Lab, Luv, CMYK).
- Histogram Equalization: Contrast enhancement that permits user to spot traces of manipulation.
- ELA: Identification of spliced areas of the image that have been compressed differently (error level analysis).
- DCT Map: Display of the image DCT values that can help to spot tampered uniform areas of the image.
- Blocking Artifacts: Detection of inconsistencies of compression blocking artifacts of the image due to image manipulation.
- JPEG Ghosts Map: Identification of manipulated areas of the image based on pixel-domain analysis of multiple JPEG compression.
- ADJPEG: Identification of manipulated areas of the image based on DCT-domain analysis of aligned double JPEG quantization artifacts (ADJPEG). Useful when a JPEG image is opened, locally changed (tampering with pixel, or pasting content from other image) and finally re-saved as JPEG without any global post-processing.
- NADJPEG: Identification of manipulated areas of the image based on DCT-domain analysis of non-aligned double JPEG quantization artifacts (NADJPEG). Useful when a large patch of pixels was pasted from a JPEG image into the suspect image followed by JPEG compression without any global post-processing.
- Fusion Map: Identification of manipulated areas of the image based on the joint analysis of JPEG Ghosts Map, ADJPEG and NADJPEG. Takes into account the local properties of the image to improve output map.
- Correlation Map: Identification of discontinuities in the correlation between pixels of the image.
- Noise Map: Display of inconsistencies in the noise level of the image.
- PRNU Map: Identification of inconsistencies in the PRNU noise of the image.
- PRNU Tampering: Automatic identification of tampered areas of the image by comparison with the PRNU reference pattern of the image.
- LGA: Identification of luminance discontinuities (luminance gradient analysis).
- Clones Blocks: Identifications of similar areas of the image that can be the result of cloning.
- Clones Keypoints: Identification of groups of similar points in the image that can be the result of cloning.