Folx for mac makes downloading extremely easy:
just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link
in your browser and Folx will start the download for you. The
application splits the file being downloaded in up to ten threads,
thus significantly increasing the download speed. Its auto resume
option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can
also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate
and easy search through the downloaded files. You can optimize
traffic allocation between different applications by regulating
manually the download and upload speed.
Folx is also available as PRO version. It brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 10 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration and searching the web for torrents directly from Folx.
Note: Torrent client with built-in torrent search is back in new Folx!
- Now Folx catches download links in Google Chrome too
- Japanese localization.
- Folx Plugin preferences are now available at click on Folx icon in Menu Bar
- Possibility to drag-n-drop multiple downloads at a time to Folx window from text editor. Each link should be listed from the new line.
- torrent client functionality.
- torrent files search in PRO version.