WinToUSB allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation. Starting from version 2.0, you can clone current Windows OS installation (Windows 7 or later) to a USB drive as a Windows To Go Workspace. WinToUSB also supports creating a bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you transfer the contents of WinPE to a USB drive and make the drive bootable.
Here are some key features of "WinToUSB":
- Easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Windows To Go USB drive
- Creation of Windows To Go from an ISO image file or CD/DVD drive
- Clone an existing Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) to a USB Drive as a Windows To Go Workspace
- Use of a Non-Enterprise Edition of Windows 10/8.1/8/7 to create Windows To Go Workspace
- Creation of Windows To Go on Non-Certified Windows To Go USB Drive
- Support for creating VHD-based/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace