Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019 is a stand-alone product that delivers enterprise-class virtualization for your datacenter and hybrid cloud. Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019 provides new and enhanced features that can help you deliver the scale and performance needs of your mission-critical workloads.
The Windows Hypervisor technology in Microsoft Hyper-V Server
2019 is the same as what's in the Microsoft Hyper-V role on Windows
Server 2019. It is a stand-alone product that contains only the
Windows Hypervisor, a Windows Server driver model, and
virtualization components. It provides a simple and reliable
virtualization solution to help you improve your server utilization
and reduce costs.
For Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Hyper-V Server provides a robust, optimized enterprise-class virtualization platform that enables improved server utilization and reduced costs. This release of Microsoft Hyper-V Server includes various updates and fixes including:
- Installation no longer prompts for a product key. Microsoft Hyper-V Server is an enterprise hypervisor that is provided at no additional cost.
- Administrators are now properly prompted to change their passwords when initially signing in.
- Updated installation branding.
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019 also includes additional features such as:
- Failover Clustering hardening. Failover Clustering no longer requires the use of NTLM.
- Server Message Block (SMB) hardening. SMB 1.0 is disabled by default.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux is built in.
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is built in.
- .NET Framework 4.7 is built-in. (Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 included .NET Framework 4.6).
Finally, Microsoft Hyper-V Server can be fully managed by Windows Admin Center to provide a modern, remote management solution that integrates with Azure Backup, disaster recovery, and more.