Mixcraft Recording Studio is a tool you can use to record, edit and mix audio tracks. It's not exactly for rookies, so you'd better enter this application with at least some basic knowledge about audio mixers.
The interface is very appealing, but it may seem cluttered for
some users. There are many options you can play with here, but you
have to know what you're doing.
When we first entered the program, Mixcraft took its time to load everything, but at least it displays the CPU usage of Mixcraft and compute system in the lower right corner. And yes, it uses a lot of CPU and memory.
Choosing to create a new project brings forth three options: record yourself or your band, build loop and beat matched music, or build virtual instrument tracks.
It's very easy to lose yourself in this program, because it's very fun to play with! For example, when trying to build virtual instrument tracks, you can choose from acoustic guitar, violin, mandolin, bass, sax, sound effects, strings, and many, many more.
“Musical typing” is an option that lets you type the musical notes of each instrument, modify pitch, octave, and note.
Once you work is complete, save it as a Mixcraft format type, so you can later edit it, or directly export it as Wave, MP3 file, or others.
The Mixcraft Recording Studio is a wonderful tool to play with, and the free trial allows you enough time to test it out. The price for the full version is not that much as well. We definitely like it, and we invite you to try it out.
Here are some key features of "Mixcraft":
- Great looking and customizable interface.
- Beat match and key match songs and loops, including Acid and Apple Garage Band Loops.
- Multi track recording and play back of multiple tracks at a time.
- Mix down to MP3, WAV, OGG and WMA files.
- Visually time stretch sounds with FlexAudio.
- Add multiple tempo, key and time signature changes per project.
- Burn your mix to audio CD directly in Mixcraft.
- Wave (WDM) or ASIO driver support.
- 32 bit sound engine supports recording and playback of broadcast quality audio up to 192 kHz and 32 bits.
- Time stretch any sound from 25% to 400% without affect the pitch! No chipmunks!
- Pitch shift sounds from -24 to 12 semitones!
- Use an unlimited number of tracks and effects.
- Automatically detects beats points, keys and tempos of imported songs.
- Import WAV, AIF, OGG, WMA, and MP3 files!
- 16 powerful, built in, effects including reverb, delay, EQ, compressor, flanger, chorus, distortion, auto filter, master limiter, & phaser.
- Shape each sound's volume, pan and resonant filters with unlimited envelope points.
- Support for DirectX & VST effects, including plug-in delay compensation.
- Add your own photos or images to each track header.
- Edit each track's color, size and position in a variety of ways.
- Intuitive design and keyboard controls for quick work flow.
- Work in beats / measures mode or in time mode.
- Adjust the snap to grid setting which allows you to work and edit in whole notes, quarter notes, etc.
- Split, cut, copy, delete and paste sounds with ease.
- Easily move sounds around with drag and drop or via the keyboard.
- Cross fade sounds automatically by visually overlapping them.
- Create precise, custom loops extracted from existing songs.