iMachining is an intelligent high speed milling
technology, designed to produce fast and safe CNC programs to
machine your mechanical parts with first part success performance.
The word fast meaning significantly faster than traditional
machining at its best and the word safe meaning without the risk of
breaking tools or subjecting the machine to excessive wear, all
while maximizing tool life.
To achieve these goals, the iMachining technology uses advanced, patented algorithms to generate smooth tangent tool paths, coupled with matching conditions, that together keep the mechanical and thermal load on the tool constant, while cutting thin chips at high cutting speeds and deeper than standard cuts (up to 4 times diameter).
- iMachining – with its unique patented “morphing spirals”, intelligent island separation and moating, achieves the shortest cycle times in any industry - in any material, on any machine.
- The cutting angle constantly adjusts between a minimum and a maximum value, while the feed is dynamically adjusted to ensure constant mechanical and thermal load on the tool - providing you with the longest tool life at the highest Material Removal Rate (MRR) possible.
- Since spirals have higher MRR than Trochoidal tool paths, iMachining utilizes various, patented strategies that enable it to use spirals much more often than Trochoidals.
- iMachining automatically reduces vibrations to prevent excessive tool wear and also decreases the likelihood of forming temporary thin walls that often lead to costly tool damage.
- Using advanced rest material knowledge, iMachining maintains the highest level of cutting tool engagement by avoiding “air-cuts” and repositioning moves.
- The iMachining Technology Wizard provides automatic, optimal feed and speed values for different materials and CNC machines to ensure “first-cut” success.