The Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which
was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component,
written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be
Firefox is a small, fast and very easy to use browser that offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows and the tabbed browsing.
Here are some key features of "Firefox":
- Comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
- A tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
- Integrated search (powered by Google);
- Industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
- Simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
- A streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
- A large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.