Apple Final Cut Pro X is a professional video editing solution.Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
Revolutionary Video Editing
Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems.
Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline.
Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip. Easily expand it back to single clips.
Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor.
Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions.
Powerful Media Organization
Import a broad range of formats including native AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and more.
Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background.
Choose analysis options for stabilization, rolling shutter correction, and audio enhancement.
Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips.
Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks.
New 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects.
The Cocoa foundation makes Final Cut Pro more responsive, interactive, and fun to use.
Final Cut Pro taps the GPU on the graphics card and all the cores in your Mac for speed.
Background processing lets you keep working without interruption.
A ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications.
Compelling, Customizable Effects
Preview effects to see how they look with your footage before applying them.
Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls.
Control effects with precision using a keyframe editor that appears directly in the timeline.
Adjust the Ken Burns effect with simple onscreen arrows for start and end points.
Integrated Audio Editing
Let Final Cut Pro repair significant audio problems such as hum, excessive noise, and more.
Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step, with instant audio waveform matching.
Enrich your soundtrack with a library of royalty-free sound effects and audio effect plug-ins.
Create immersive audio experiences in 5.1 surround.
Intuitive Color Grading
Improve the look of any clip with the single-click Balance Color feature.
Apply the Match Color feature to match the looks of two clips shot under different conditions.
Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board.
Fine tune color for a specific color range or area of the screen using keying and masks.
One-Step, Optimized Output
Export projects to Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook.
Add your content to a set of themed menus, then burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
Output files for HTTP live streaming in a single step.
What’s New in Version 10.3:
- Redesigned dark interface puts the focus on your video
- Configure window layouts into custom workspaces for tasks like organizing and color grading
- Fill a second display with the timeline or hide the timeline completely
- Expand the Inspector to full-screen height
Magnetic Timeline 2
- Color coding of clips based on roles — such as dialogue, music, and effects — lets you understand your project at a glance
- Create, assign, and customize the colors of roles to identify different types of audio and video clips
- Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
- Focus button in the Timeline Index lets you highlight specific audio roles and collapse all others
- Show Audio Lanes button in the Timeline Index displays a structured timeline layout with dedicated spaces for each audio role
- Add audio effects and keyframe audio volume changes to an entire role within a Compound Clip
- iXML support enables automatic creation and assignment of roles based on metadata from an audio field recorder
- Create and manage a unique set of roles for each Final Cut Pro library
- Images are now viewable in wide color on supported Mac computers and external displays
- Import, edit, and deliver video in standard Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
- Configure color spaces for both libraries and projects
- Log footage from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, Panasonic, and Sony cameras, as well as RED RAW footage, can be manipulated in real time while preserving wider color
- Range check overlay in the viewer highlights areas out of the standard RGB range
- Video scopes display wide color in real time
Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro
- Tap to execute common functions like volume control, fade in and out, and media import
- Easily access advanced editing commands, including Override Clip Connections, Trim to Start, and Trim to End
- View your entire project at a glance and navigate with touch in the timeline overview
More Video Formats
- MXF-wrapped Apple ProRes provides a flexible new format for broadcast delivery
- MXF master file export uses audio roles to configure industry-standard channel layouts
- Support for Canon Log2/Cinema Gamut and Panasonic V-Log
- Support for Sony XAVC-L at 4K for the Sony PXW-FS7 and PXW-X70 cameras
- Playback support for Panasonic AVC-Intra LT
- Export AVC-Intra files
- Flow transition seamlessly merges jump cuts to remove pauses or mistakes in on-camera interviews
- Remove Effects and Remove Attributes commands let you delete specific effects from clips
- SMB 3 network support enables library access on network-attached storage devices
- Timecode effect displays clip name and source clip timecode in the Viewer and in exported files
- Copy and paste timecode to speed up numerical entry from text documents
- Consolidate custom Motion projects into individual Final Cut Pro libraries
- Option for continuous playback of clips in the Browser
- Search custom metadata in the Browser and Timeline
- Search Timeline Index for Auditions, Compound clips, Multicam clips, and Synchronized clips
- Ability to roll trim on adjacent anchored clips
- Larger Media and Content browsers provide more space for viewing photo libraries, sound effects, music, titles, and generators
- Skim and select ranges of audio files in the Music and Sound Effects browser
- Use a Thunderbolt cable for direct A/V output to an external display, without the need for a separate I/O device
- XML 1.6 supports role-based audio components for Magnetic Timeline 2
- Enhanced XML support lets you import projects and clips into existing events
- Ability to drag and drop clips, projects, and events as XML with supported applications
New in 10.3:
- Ability to expand the width of the Inspector to view and adjust effect parameters
- Fixes issues with updating older libraries
- Faster redraw of audio waveforms when using clips that are being imported while recorded to disk
- Diamond icon in the Timeline Index to show when the user has modified display of roles in the timeline
- More color options in the Role Editor
- Reveal in Browser correctly displays the location of the original clip in the browser
- Support for Canon Log 3 and Sony S-Log3/S-Gamut3 log processing
- Resolves an issue in which the viewer could occasionally disappear when exiting full screen
- Resolves issues in which Share to DVD could become unresponsive
- Improves font quality of DVD menu and chapter titles
- Improves image quality when creating a DVD
- Enhanced DVD User dialog messages with embedded links to documentation