SpeedTree Cinema delivers a unique procedural
plus hand modeling approach that lets you create exactly the tree
or plant you want faster than ever before. Start with our large
species library (all of which is yours with a Cinema license) or
create your own using custom leaf or branch models and textures.
Export as a mesh with baked-in wind animation via point cache, and
then bring it into your rendering package of choice.
SpeedTree Cinema is the award-winning 3D-modeling suite that allows you to model, texture, and animate, both stylized and photoreal vegetation for VFX, arch/viz, or matte paintings.
The most important new features of SpeedTree Cinema 8
- Full PBR workflow and rendering. Supports non-destructive material editing, allowing artists to adjust textures on the fly.
- A completely new library of 150 models, ranging from seedlings to towering forest trees, includes thousands of 3D surface-scanned PBR textures. Each individual model file (.spm) contains multiple polygonal resolutions and adjustable seasonal variations.
- Vastly improved export pipeline. Exports of both meshes and wind animations now run much faster and use far less memory. Other improvements include UDIM support, better mesh unwrapping, hierarchical exports, and better bone weighting for skinned meshes.
- New leaf batching system. Leaf rendering in the SpeedTree Modeler is up to 1,000 times faster than version 7. This innovation greatly speeds the modeling process and supports the creation of more complex models.
- Major leaps in wind realism. Cinema 8 captures the complex dynamics of wind among leaves and branches more naturally than ever. The overhauled system features a realistic rolling wind effect, is much easier to tune, and includes a new wind wizard.
- Numerous other improvements. There are more than two dozen other substantial improvements including a new art director tool, an overhauled mesh cutout syst