Become a master of HTTPS, Let's Encrypt, Cloudflare, NGINX and
This is the most complete practical SSL guide here on Udemy that includes tons of practical activities. All practice exercises are performed on a real domain and real hosting and finally you will get production ready solution with HTTPS setup and redirection of HTTP to HTTPS. You can have zero knowledge about computer networks, encryption, configuration of web servers. All will be taught from scratch, from simple setup to complex solution. If you want to get deep knowledge of SSL and HTTPS this course is for you!
We will start by exploring basics of symmetric encryption algorithms like AES, asymmetric encryption RSA, hashing protocols MD5 and SHA. Also I will explain you fundamentals of computer networks, TCP/IP stack and for that we will use Wireshark traffic analyzer.
You will learn what is the structure of the SSL/TLS certificate. Also you will understand why CAs (Certificate Authorities) are needed and how chain of trust is built.
- Introduction to the HTTPS and TLS
- Encryption and hashing overview
- RSA, Certificates and Chain of Trust
- SSL, TLS and HTTPS
- Launching TLS secured website with free domain and hosting
- Custom domain with free hosting
- Free TLS certificate (Let's Encrypt) at paid hosting
- Cloudflare with free TLS certificate
- Configuring NGINX web server and installing TLS certificate
- Creating self-signed certificate using OpenSSL
- Getting and installing custom certificate