Learn MapKit, Decipher Apple Documentation.
Display map or satellite imagery directly from your app's interface, call out points of interest, and determine placemark information for map coordinates.
Up your iOS skill by building real MapKit and CoreLocation features the right way. But what do I mean by "the right way"? Docs. Yep, keep reading.
Equip yourself with the ability to learn from the Apple Documentation.
Everybody knows the Apple docs aren't very easy to understand and can even be useless at times. So before each video where you will implement a specific class, protocol method, or framework, I take you through a brief tour of the concept in the apple developer documentation. We do this straight from the developer docs and through the built in Xcode documentation features and resources. This approach will provide you with more than top MapKit knowledge. What you will gain is the ability to reference documentation and integrate it in code as a real developer. This is a skill that must be learned if you want to learn fast, and the right way...
- MKMapView and Requesting Access To Your Users Location.
- Utilize UISegmentedControl to change MKMapView type.
- Using MKMapViewDelegate, MKPointAnnotation & creating a Custom MKAnnotationView.
- MKMapSnapshotter - Fetching Image Data From MapKit and Displaying it.
- Reverse Geocoding.
- Clustering Annotations Based on Zoom Distance.
- Get Directions to Address - MKPlaceMark,MKMapItem,MKDirections,MKRoutePolyLine.
- Create a Route Line with MKPolylineRenderer, MKRoute, MKOverLay, Map Delegate.
- Course Outlook & Bonus Lecture.